Curriculum / Conferences / Education
Fellows will be trained in the application of interventional pulmonary procedures at a high volume clinical setting. The training will encompass evaluation of the patient, procedure performance and follow up. At the beginning of each academic year, there will be simulation training on some of the complex procedures to familiarize the fellow prior to performing on actual patients.
Lectures, Case Conference, Journal Club
There are monthly didactic lectures, case conferences, journal club and/or literature review on interventional pulmonology topics in conjunction with the pulmonary fellowship program.
The fellow is expected to participate in a scholarly activity project during the year. At least one manuscript suitable for submission will be required to successfully complete the fellowship.
The core curriculum of the fellowship will include training on the topics and procedures listed below.
- Advanced diagnostic & therapeutic Flexible Bronchoscopy
- Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Argon Plasma Coagulation
- Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy
- Balloon Bronchoplasty
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Complex Airway Management
- Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial Brachytherapy
- Endobronchial Ultrasound Guided TBNA
- Foreign Body Retrieval (with Rigid or Flexible Bronchoscopes)
- Interpretative Skills and Use of 3-D CT images in Airway Management
- Management of benign and malignant Airway Obstructions
- Management of Chronic Tracheostomy
- Management of benign and malignant Pleural Diseases
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Metallic and Silicone airway stent placement (Flexible and Rigid)
- Narrow Band Imaging
- Nd-Yag Laser
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Pleural Biopsy and Pleurodesis
- Pleural Catheter Placement
- Pleural Manometry
- Transtracheal Oxygen Catheter Placement
- Thoracic Ultrasound in Managing Pleural Disease
- Ultrasound guided Critical Care Procedures