Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Hospital Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
- Undergraduate: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 2004
- Medical School: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 2008
- Internal Medicine Residency: University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital / Miami VA, Miami, FL 2011
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 2012
- Graduate School: MBA Candidate 2015, Fisher School of Business, Ohio State University
Dr. Mostafavifar's clinical interests are muskuloskeletal medicine, evidence based medicine, and cost effective medicine.
Areas of Specialization
Dr. Mostafavifar's specialty is Hospital Medicine, and he board certified in Internal Medicine. He also holds a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Mostafavifar grew up in Tampa, FL. He was a member of The University of Tampa’s 2001 Division II Men’s Soccer National Championship team. He transferred to West Virginia University where he was Captain of the Men’s Soccer team in 2003. After graduating in 2004 with a degree in Biochemistry he stayed in Morgantown for medical school. Upon graduating in 2008 from West Virginia University School of Medicine he went to The University of Miami for an Internal Medicine Residency. In Miami he had a diverse experience while working at Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami Hospital, and the Miami VA. He moved to Columbus, OH for a Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship. After graduating from fellowship he decided to stay at The Ohio State University Medical Center in the Division of Hospital Medicine.