Human Genetics Sample Bank Services
The Human Genetics Sample Bank provides comprehensive services, for researchers and organizations involved in the search for genes contributing to cancer or other medical conditions. We operate Monday thru Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (eastern time) to ensure timely processing of samples. Our lymphoblastoid cell lines (LCL) transformation success rate is routinely greater than 97% for blood samples received within five days of phlebotomy. General descriptions of services are given below, but these can be tailored to meet specific needs.
- Transformation of lymphocytes from fresh blood to produce LCLs.
- Isolation and storage of high quality nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) and or cell fractions suspended in Trizol.
- Large-scale growth of lymphoblastoid cell lines for DNA/RNA extraction and/or cryopreservation.
- Separation and storage of plasma or serum from whole blood.
- Shipment of biomaterials (cell lines and nucleic acids) under government approved conditions that maintain sample viability and integrity.
- Consultation or assistance with the design of new projects.
- We are also available for coordination of genetic studies requiring human subjects. We can assist with all aspects of study planning and design including grant writing, protocol writing, shepherding protocols through the CSRC and IRB, the IRB continuing review and amendment process, patient accrual (including marketing studies to a national network of cancer genetics professionals), data collection, database entry, data analysis, and manuscript preparation. Any subset of these services can be provided to PI’s providing salary support to our staff or on a fee per patient accrued basis.