Internal Medicine Residency Primary Care Track
***Primary Care Career day is April 14, 2012***
This is a FREE event. However, in order to ensure adequate food
is available, please register at: https://www.research.net/s/primarycarecareerday
The timing was right for OSU to add a Primary Care Track....
- As an active program in the Educational Innovations Project, OSU has lead the way in resident education by providing a unique experience dedicated to outpatient training through an innovative continuity practice block model
- The recent expansion into OSU CarePoint East and University Hospital East has provided opportunity for an immersive experience in the urban community
- With increasing interest in primary care research and mentorship through the Center for Clinical and Translational Science, the possibilities have become limitless....
What will the OSU Primary Care Track offer residents with commitment to becoming Primary Care Practitioners?
- 4 newly funded positions in each entering class starting 2011 with existing peer mentorship from senior residents in the program
- Dedicated focus to outpatient education-Continuity Practice Blocks every other month throughout the 3 years of training
- Inpatient training at our 4 major hospitals (University Hospital East, OSU Main, Ross Heart, & James Cancer Hospital)
- Added experiences relevant to primary care training
- Primary Care Journal Club
- Advanced office based procedural training
- Sports medicine requirement
- Longitudinal office based QI
- Enriched cultural competency training
- Preparation for options that could lead to support for loan repayment