International medical graduates may apply to our training program via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants must have a valid ECFMG certificate and must be eligible for ECFMG sponsorship for the J-1 visa as an exchange visitor for the entire program. J-1 is the preferred visa. H-1B visas can be considered if the applicant is a medical student at an LCME-AOA accredited US medical school on an F-1 student visa (H-1B to begin after completion of optional practical training (OPT) year) or; if the applicant is currently on an H-1B at another institution. H-1B visas are allowed only with the approval of the OSU Graduate Medical Education office and cannot be guaranteed to any applicant.
• Application within 5 years of graduation from medical school
• No prior PGY-1 experience
• A minimum of 2 months of US inpatient clinical experience prior to application (i.e. official inpatient
• Two letters of recommendation from US physicians familiar with your clinical skills
• A passing score of USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (scores over 225 are
Meeting all of the above is necessary but does not guarantee an invitation to interview.